Friday, November 18, 2005

And the temps are up

Okay this is and well, was definitly ovulation. Either that or it's because Seb finally decided we should turn the heat on ...l'avare. If all goes accordingly I'd get my period next Friday and then I'd be back on track.

There's no way that they'd let me start an IVF cycle this month so that's kind of disappointing. The clinic's offices are closed the last two weeks of December and I'd fall right into that crack. That means I'd do it January or February. I hope it's not much later than that. Especially since they'll be reducing my meds by half from what I took with my last IVF cycle. I'm a high risk for overstimulation and landed in the hospital with it last time. It was horrible. But with the decrease in meds I'm afraid it won't work and I'll have to do yet another round. My doctor already told me "expect to do at least two maybe three rounds, then you won't be disappointed."

Don't you just love RE's. I think we should make a book of all of the inhumane things RE's say that make us feel terrible. When my friend Dee asked an innocent question about why she might have poor egg quality, her RE came back with a loud and sarcastic, "But Madame you aren't exactly young ..." He's the oldest guy in her clinic, mid sixty something. Nice.

2 comments:

Em said...

On my way to a meting, but I have a list of stupid things REs say to add to your own. you are right: we could start a book.


http://slidingtoward40.blogspot.com

christine said...

Hi em...Oh goodie. I'll be right there!