It seems I'm a bit overstimmed. There's some "play that funky music white girl" going on in my poor, over-inflated ovaries and the girls are not pleased. I look hilariously pregnant. My neighbors have been staring and scratching their heads. They all know we're trying to have another baby and from the looks of it congratulations are in order, right? I have switched to expandable waistbands over the long and painful weekend and have been doing the dreaded belly rub gesture in an effort to calm the Latin Hustle.
Gonal-F and I have a sordid little past with overstimulation. I had OHSS bad enough with my first IVF to land myself in the hospital. Well in true French fashion they wanted to land me in the hospital but in the Lyon hospital two hours away. "Uh, yeah, let me just grab my keys and drive there guys. After all it only hurt when I breathe you know..." Seb was getting ready to leave on a business trip and I just rolled my eyes and said "oh hell I'll just deal with it." I couldn't be bothered. I just tried to drink a lot of water in between the vomiting and roll with the punches. What I didn't know at the time but learned later is that OHSS is pretty serious business and I was being extremely stupid. It all turned out okay but I think I was lucky that I didn't seriously hurt myself.
I don't think I'm quite as severe this time around. I'm just displaying my classic verve of loving this drug enough to puff out like a mini croissant in a 350 degree farenheit oven. It's at least comforting to know that some things are happening in there.
Monday, February 20, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Ouch. I'm glad that you are responding, but ouch. Hugs and I hope you feel better soon. How many more days of stims?
ohhh man...sounds like the muffin man! What do they pump in there anyways, yeast? 'Roids for Ovaries? Sounds very yucky...hope the girls are fairing well.
((hugss))
The girls are feeling somewhat better. Thanks for your concern guys :)
Riana yeast...bread....buns... buns in oven!!....works for me :)
Post a Comment