Friday, March 03, 2006

The break...just what the doctor didn't order

I seem to be taking a mental break. It's not really me who decided, it's my lazy bones head who just decided to stop counting, to stop temping, and you know what? I actually had to count on my fingers which cycle day I was on this morning.

"Had to count ..."echo, echo, echo... Well I'll be.

What's incredible is that about this time in most cycles I start wearing my little white t-shirts that have CYCLE DAY 10 emblazoned across the chest in black letters, and I walk around with my head cast down mumbling to my invisible posse... ovulation day, cervical mucous, days past, headache, progesterone level, cramps!, cramps?, cramps...hmmm....

...at least I think this is cycle day ten. Maybe it's tomorrow. For some reason the number did not stick in my head and I haven't got the energy to recount.

I guess I'm close to the obsessive period but I really would rather think of other things than start to worry.

Then again I can't guarantee that I won't start obsessing over the next few days now can I? I just really, really hope to have this cycle over with and have all the others be a distant memory, and start looking towards the IVF in May.

No comments: