Friday, April 07, 2006

May day ...m'aider

I start my treatment on May day. Isn't that wonderful! I'm feeling back on cloud nine. The treatment is a little longer than the treatment for an IUI since for the first 13-16 days your ovulation is completely supressed, and then afterwards carefully controlled over a period of about 8-10 days while you take stims. For me that stimulant will be Gonal-F, 100 IUs this time instead of the 75 IU's I did for the inseminations. It's also combined with a drug called l'Uveris (in French at least), and well, not actally combined because one is in pen form and one is in regular old needle form. That means two, count 'em, two injections per night. Oh well, I think I'd do ten injections per night if I had to. I really don't care just gimme 'dat baby!

So this month is just a lazy month of kicking back and enjoying life as much as possible before entering the loony bin of laboratory manufactured hormones. I've decided I'm giving up alcohol and caffeine the last week of April, difficult I wanna tell you because I am such a wino and a total and complete caffeine wench, but sigh necessary I suppose. Hey you are talking to the woman who gave up coffee and almost all alcohol for 15 months during pregnancy and early breastfeeding, and that's when you really need it. I think I can do it again. It's just hard getting started and getting weaned off of the stuff.

I don't know if we will try to make babies this month or not. On the one hand I could get pregnant and not have to do the IVF can I get a whoo whoo but on the other hand I think we've been down that long and winding road before. Perhaps we will and perhaps we won't. The same goes for charting. I may take my temperature each and every morning and then again I may hit the snooze button and chuck the plastic piece of sh*t against the wall each morning just to hear the clang of the battery jar around inside. A lot of good the bastard's done me so far!

I guess we shall see shant we.

No comments: