We aren't so far away from starting the next FET. Lucky me and my short cycles, right. Anyway I should see AF sometime at the end of this week and I'll start the treatment the following week.
I got a funny comment on You Tube from a pharmacist in the states. He seemed to think I was a know it all and was very rude to the pharmacist in my Visit to the Pharmacy video. He said I should leave the job of filling prescription to the professionals. Anyway the funny thing is that last time I went into my pharmacy the woman was really nice to me and she said "you know it's good that you knew your treatment because it's a complicated one for us to understand!" I don't want to be a know it all but if the treatment gets screwed up it's my body who suffers. I already have the case of where I was afraid to question the nurse who injected me with 900IU's of Gonal-F and sent my body into shock. I lost the cycle and almost landed in the hospital for emergency transfusions. After that I decided it was best to pay closer attention to my treatment and not be afraid to question what doesn't look right. I think this is true of any treatment. After a while the patient does become an expert and confronted with an intern or someone in training she may actually be the one who knows better.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
i think in all medical areas you need to watch out for yourself and your treatment, sure they are the "experts" but you are only one out of many to them, and they are only human! it isnt rude, it is smart.
Amen to everything you said, Chris. Watch out for yourself, and the way your cycle goes. When you have a nurse waffling about a dose or a method of administration, double, triple and quadruple verify that the person relaying the information is correct, calling and insisting to speak to the doctor personally because the only one who will suffer is you and possibly your unborn children. It's so difficult to prove anything with this kind of treatment, and they're very quick to write it off and quick to say "try again" when perhaps simple mistakes can be avoided with vigilance about the details. When you've done it this many times, the mistakes, which are more common than you'd think, are easy to see. It's a matter of trusting your feeling and not giving in if something doesn't seem right.
Post a Comment