Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Stable

I didn't get the nausea medication yet. The vomit roller coaster is on an upward climb and I pray that the little trend continues. It seems that things have improved slightly.

Next week we leave for a little five day vacation to our new home: one week in central Mexico! I had mixed feelings about traveling during the first tri but those only lasted a few hours as soon as I discovered that my in-laws were willing to come here and watch Little S for the entire time we'd be gone. I love him very much don't get me wrong but diplomatically speaking he's making resting and recovering an impossible venture. When I try to sleep he pounds me in the head with stuffed animals and howls in protest. Somehow my resting makes him feel oddly neglected, imagine that. I actually thought to myself that 15 hours of alone time on an airplane, not being dragged around the house by my index finger might be the best thing yet for this pregnancy's early gestation period. And yes okay I'll miss him but I am seriously behind on sleep and you know what happens when air traffic controllers lose sleep so just imagine the mom of a toddler, the two occupations are very similar navigationally speaking. Honey watch out for the buuuuuus!

And hey hotels? Eating out? Adult time? I'm so already there, faux margarita in my right hand.

Now I just have to sort out the wardrobe dilemma. The diagnosis Mad Cow's Disease has just taken on a whole new meaning. I am a sow. One pair of jeans fit. One stinking pair. It's a little too soon for maternity jeans (ugh hate 'em) and all the fat jeans went out with the first failed IVF because I was pissed off and bitter.

I have no regrets there actually. I hated looking at those jeans.

So I suppose I will have to dig through the skirts and dresses and pray that the weather is what I think it will be

...and then pray that the roller coaster stays suspended mid-climb. Beefy bean and cheese enchiladas and morning sickness just don't sound like a very good combination at all.

3 comments:

Em said...

Glad you are feeling a little better, Chris. I tried to comment to your previous post, but it doesn't look like it posted.

Wow! A week away sounds wonderful. You need your rest, you really do. Is there any way that you can hire a mother's helper a few days a week when you get back?

Do yourself a favor and go buy a couple of summery outfits a size bigger than your current size. Drawstring waists would be ideal because you can wear them for the rest of your pregnancy.

Anonymous said...

Aw I really do feel for you with the morning sickness! I had it baaaad with Jove (actual vomiting ew!) which was a real shock as I hadn't had any nausea at all with Jaya. Only things that helped me were to eat little and often so I never got too empty and not to eat after 7.00pm. Hope the trip goes well, maybe you'll find Mexican food cures the sickness?!

L Vanel said...

Have a great trip, Chris!