As thrilling as it is to be pregnant a second time I have to admit that second pregnancies are not as exciting as the first. Half the time I forget I'm pregnant. "oh yeah... not supposed to eat that cheese...oh well!"
And hey who is going to fish turds out of the cat box if it isn't me? Answer, nobody.
And the maternity wardrobe is non existent. For tops I just buy everything two sizes up in stretch fabrics, usually black. For bottoms I have exactly one pair of maternity jeans, a stretchy sort of skirt and two pairs of maternity shorts. I'm comfortable and fashionable and I don't look like walking a circus tent. I just don't want to invest in pregnancy clothes. It doesn't interest me.
The only problem I still have is underwear. I'm beyond regular underwear. I just passed that milestone last week. And yes I must BUY those ugly spandex underwear from the grocery store. I hate wearing those things. I love pretty underwear and having to wear those things is pure torture. But dang they are comfortable. There's nothing worse than having lace underwear riding up your butt crack. So I get used to them and then I bend over and Seb says "my god those are horrible!" because there's nothing more appalling to a French husband than women in ugly underwear.
Friday, June 15, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
are you sure there is nothing cute in france for pregnant women? by the way, I noticed a weird thing in Paris: a few years ago, lingerie shops popped up everywhere. Last time I went to France it was chocolate shops that were opening up. Did you notice the same?
Funny thing. I started wearing 'regular' underwear after my son was born and somehow I sensed some relief from my husband who could never figure out why I chose to wear thong underwear. But then, he's not French.
Marie there are lots of cute, beautiful things to be sure but I can't bring myself to spend what I normally do on pregnancy underwear that I'll only wear a few months.
I've always noticed the lingerie shops all over in France. My little town has at least four of them!
tinker my husband was really shocked when I first met him because I had these Hanes cotton boxers for women that I loved & wore constantly. He told me if I continued wearing them he'd probably stop loving me. So he started buying me lingerie each birthday. It's not so much about thong underwear in France. In fact they consider the thong American believe it or not and it's mostly teens who wear thong underwear. It's more about spending a tidy sum on something gorgeous and matching. I was shopping with a very plain Jane French friend recently and she spent 140 euros on a matching bra and panty set!
Agent provocateur do gorgeous pregnancy underwear that is also nursing underwear and then even good enough to wear as normal underwear after that! I'm still wearing mine ;)
I'll send you the link if you like and you can get the hubby to buy you some if it bothers him that much!
Hello! I can help if you have a C-section, go look at www.czelablue.com - They have amazingly comfortable and very cute & hip after pregnancy underwear.
Post a Comment