I´m so pleased with my new supply I feel like shouting from the rooftops. I´m so happy I didn´t give up in the face of all the opposition--the doctor, Seb, mother in law...there was definitely a consensus going around that I had no milk. So I´m feeling a little smug these days and I can´t wait to breastfeed in front of mil next week (we´re going to visit them) to subtly prove my point: you may have low supply at some point in the first year but you can get it back up again without "starving" your child.
Charlotte is being completely adorable these past weeks. She is interested in everything lately and especially interested in my other boob, grabbing it at every opportunity. I forgot about that phase as they start grasping and clawing around the third month, ouch! She can be a real animal lately. I keep pushing her hand away and she keeps flexing it and reaching out for something, anything to shred with her little paws. I feel like I did on my first few dates as a teenager in a dark movie theatre!
We are off on our trip--three weeks in France as Seb travels on business and I tag along. I am not sure how travelling works with supply. I will have a reversed schedule but will my boobs figure that out? Does nature make compensation for the modern day world traveller? I think it worked in December but then again she began losing weight just after that. We will have to see.
Thanks again to everyone who offered advice and support. It was very nice to have the voices of reason even if it was from many kilometers across the globe. You guys are fab!
Saturday, March 01, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
I noticed when we went transatlantic Europe to the US with Small Boy at 9 months I did get "boob lag" and that it wasn't as bad when we returned US to Europe. So the France back to Mexico lag might be harder. The best way I found to deal was, unfortunately, to stay on the baby's stomach's time zone, which means your jet lag lasts a long time. On the other hand, it's probably the case that every mother-baby pair responds to this in a different way!
Kuddos for resisting the pressure and sticking to BF! In fact, I really envy you for sticking to your guns. You are a star! Anyway, I have some quick questions for you. Thank you in advance for your help:
A French friend who lives in the US is thinking of going to France to get IVF (she has reached her $15K lifetime infertility coverage). How does that work in France? Is it well covered by Securite Sociale? How many IVF attempts are covered? What about the drugs? Thanks!!!
Hey MB it's full coverage by the secu but doctors are difficult to get an appointment with--it can take months just to get a rdv for a workup. And of course it being France there is a lot of paperwork involved! Four attempts are covered and what is good is if you have a poor response and no retreival it doesn't count as an attempt.
The drugs are also covered. The only thing she would pay out of pocket would be the syringes.
Does she still have her secu coverage or does she plan on repatriating?
You are doing an amazing job! I am curious as to how it went in France. What did your MIL say when you nursed in front of her?
I imagine it took a day or two to catch up but after that your supply was fine with the traveling. What would you call that? Boob-lag?
What a beautiful blog !
I have subscribed to your blog and feel free to check mine. It is primarily for folk music and has some swarb and judy dyble stuff on there are interviews with them both coming up very soon.
love from West Wales !
sam x
Post a Comment