I had my état de lieu *this morning and all is clear for game two. I was in a terrible mood and poor Dr. Stonehenge, nervous, fidgety Dr. Stonehenge got the full brunt of all of my sarcasm. "Okay doc one down only three to go!" He looked at me nervously and said "aww no don't say that, you have to be positive, c'mon now Madame Misschris." I gave him a perfect "look-I'm-a-ripely-aged-veteran-here,-not-some-28-year-old-little-Clomid-hussy. Cut-the-positive-thinking-crap-and-give-me-my-scrips" look. He stopped the banter, shook my hand and we parted ways agreeing to meet up the middle of next week.
Now the stinker. Seb isn't here and he always does my injections for me. What am I going to do? Baby S is terrible with needles and so the only one left is ME. Okay I can do this I guess but it's probably going to take me an hour to psyche myself up. Oh god I hope I don't end up injecting the whole pen full of Gonal-F! I can just see myself doing that too.
*état de lieu is French for that apartment/home inspection you have before you move out of or into a new place. It's not really what they call it at my RE's office but it's how I described the procedure to my French MIL and she completely understood that they were looking for "nail holes" and "carpet splotches" in my uterus.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Can you have a shot of something good first and THEN do the injection? Or is that just a very bad idea?
Are you suggesting I IMBIBE in something and potentially hurt my future child? Hmmph, I guess we know what kind of mother YOU'LL be don't we? (the kind they find sprawled out under the coffee table when the neighbor kids come over to play... "mommy sometimes takes a nap in the middle of the day you see...")
Post a Comment