Thursday, March 29, 2007

After the ultrasound

"Everything looks good...."

This seems to be a popular phrase spoken by people around me these days. I'm getting so I like it.

The baby is a little splot who has a lovely flickering heartbeat pulsing like a tiny beacon of light. I had forgotten how amazing that sight is. I am smitten.

Even if Seb didn't get to be there, I did have manly backup. Little S walked with me to the clinic hand in hand and was on his best behavior the entire time I was in Dr. Stonehenge's office. He carried the ultrasound pictures back to the doctor's office and when I explained to him that it was "the baby" he layed them on the floor and ran over them with his truck repeating "bébé, bébé"..."brrrrrrrmmmm"

My next ultrasound is on the 26th of April and in between that time I am going to try to breathe a little easier. I know there are the woods to consider and I'm not necessarily out of them yet but there is something in getting this far which gives me the faith that we will get to go further. Crazy notion? Maybe but I'm going to go with it anyway because it's just too tiring living with the continual stress.

And so now it is time for a nap...again.

7 comments:

Em said...

Fabulous! I am so happy for you, Chris.

Anonymous said...

Oh Chris, that is so wonderful! I am sooooo happy for you. Wonderful news to get today! :O) I'm back from California with a horrible, nasty head cold. Ugh. But its good to be back home and get your great news! Keep us updated.

Arwen

swissmiss said...

Wonderful news. Milestone by milestone...

and you're not alone. I bought a pair of newborn booties yesterday. Me, the woman who buys her prenatal vitamins 30 pills at a time.

Anonymous said...

Wonderful news Chris!! I am so thrilled for you.
Monnie

Sara said...

great news!!

Marie-Baguette said...

Bonjour je viens juste de decouvrir ton blog. I was very touched by your story. I can't believe the hoops you had to jump through to get the treatments you needed. Is it something to do with Securite Sociale or was it just your doctors? I just started to read your blog and I wonder if you are French or not... And are you my mysterious reader from Rhone Alpes? So many questions... I really hope for the best for your pregnancy. Keep us updated!

Anonymous said...

Yay!!!!!