Thursday, March 22, 2007

Waiting for a blurry scan

I have my appointment for the first ultrasound check in this pregnancy on the 29th of this month. That's next Thursday! I really wanted it a week later so that it wouldn't end with a question mark as Dr. Stonehenge searches for the heartbeat or estimates the gestational age to be off ... or worse. I know from experience that his machine is probably not the best in town. All those splotchy ultrasound pictures showing a ghostly haze of what we were told was a baby in my last pregnancy made me wonder why they didn't break down and invest in something a little more state of the art. But on the other hand I know from experience that Dr. Stonehenge is very good at what he does. Since he predicted Little S's sex at 15 weeks I know he knows his blurry ultrasound machine as good as any savvy L.A. clinic doctor scanning movie stars all day in and out. I mean if he could see the tiny nubbins of Little S that early I figure he's pretty competent, right?

Anyway the reason for the early ultrasound is because Dr. Stonehenge is going out of town for an entire month. I didn't have a lot of choice about the date, actually no choice to be quite frank. It was either now or in four weeks and by then let's face it I'd be attaching a camera to the end of my hairbrush handle and the tv trying to get a look myself. I don't think I could last that long.

Not long to go. Just another dreaded weekend to get through and part of a week and then we'll know what's going on in there. Meanwhile would I be completely nutty if I went out and bought seven pregnancy tests?

2 comments:

Em said...

LOL on the seven tests. I can't even guess how many I took while waiting for that first ultrasound. It got so bad that I made sure I went through different checkout lines at the store so the cashiers wouldn't think I was mad (which I was, of course)l.

hexe said...

I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you!