Our RE's and OB's have always advised that we bd every other day on days 10-18. I have followed this advice and of course we always try to get all those days in, as much as we can. Well when we aren't exhausted from having a baby waking us up at all hours of the night. Things are better on that front since baby S sleeps now.
This month we're trying a new approach: every single day from days 12-18. That's seven days in a row with no breaks. That's a lot of bd'ing you know. Seb will probably be pleased with the new schedule but I don't know how I feel about it. I guess it can be fun but I really need the whole romance and candle thing to go along with it. I hope I can keep up. That's an awful lot of romance and candles. The whole idea of HAVING to bd always makes me uptight anyway. I don't like that "flat on the back" feeling of bd'ing for ttc. I'd rather use the patented low tech syringe method than faking it. I mean why bother? I guess we'll be burning a lot of candles this month, either that or visiting the pharmacy for a supply refill.
Tuesday, November 29, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Please do not share your new strategy with my dh. . .Three days in a row is about all I can take these days!
Hope this is THE cycle. Do you have a script for progesterone? I did manage to wrestle one from my RE. I was directed to start it four days after my OPK surge.
Oh god forbid if I should prescribe something for myself! My ob thinks that's very American to presume I know more than him (I do though), and he once said so very curtly. I did manage to strong arm a beta 'scrip out of him so I am pretty savvy.
Don't forget the folic acid btw. Are you taking prenatals? All these m/c on the board are scaring me :(
I try to make it sound like it is the RE's idea: "Whatever could be causing these short luteal phases? What? What?" Of course that obligates him to say 1)he has no idea (have you ever heard an RE do this?)or 2)it must be a p4 issue.
Then I say, "Whatever will we do for my P4 issue?" and he hands over a script for prometrium. If only this worked for IVF! Dang it.
I am lousy at taking my prenatals, but I do try. I can't take them in the morning because thyroid medication must be taken on an empty stomach. if I take them in the evening, I get heartburn. I try to remember to take them midday.
Yes, the miscarriages have terrified me.
Post a Comment