Tuesday, December 27, 2005

On our way

After a little confusion about the availability of Dr. Stonhenge, --his secretary got to hear my pathetic sobbing "he told me he'd be there...," -- I've started the injections for the IUI.

You won't hear any more complaints from me for the next few weeks. I'm playing Miss Positive Thinker from here on out. I know, I know you wanna whack me upside the head don't you. Positive people are assholes. I hate them too. I just can't stand staying negative during a treatment. I force myself be positive. It helps me stay reasonably sane even if I don't believe it.

My next appointment is Monday the 2nd of January. We'll take a look under the hood and see what's happening. After that we'll either tweak the meds or trigger the egg either that night or the next night. Then we just have to coordinate Seb's little contribution. Same old drill except I forgot how wonderfully rapid an IUI can be.

Meanwhile excuse me while I go 'click' my injection. These little injection pens are great. I'm only doing 75IU's of Gonal F so the injections really feel like nothing. It wasn't like that when I did my IVF's. I had to mix two meds together and change the dosage after a few weeks. This is so much easier and so much less mess.

I just hope it's working...

2 comments:

Em said...

Yippee! I have everything crossed for you! Glad the needles are less traumatic.

Anonymous said...

Yeah! Glad you got in to see the OB and things are underway!! Fingers crossed for you - look forward to the update! Casey