Finally a scrap of good news. Dr.'Henge said we could go ahead with the IUI this next cycle *rolling eyes* Yes, he really did roll his eyes, A LOT actually! Everytime he said IUI he sighed, shrugged his shoulders and rolled his eyes. He said there was nothing he could do though because Dr. Dieu is, well Dr. Dieu and that's that. Dr. Dieu has the final word in this case. I just wanted to run over and bear hug him! Just the fact that he sympathizes with me for the In Utile Insemination made me feel better. He said we'd try to get away with just doing three, not four, and that we'd do them "bang, bang, swish" and then we'd move on to IVF no later than May. I felt a small sense of relief that he was taking a special interest in my case, and that he wasn't willing to drag it out past late Spring. I know that in France anything scheduled for later than May gets trapped in the Great Summer Exodous and nothing really gets done until the rentrée in the Fall. As I left he threw in a sympa, "I'm available for you anytime you need something," and he actually didn't charge me for the visit! Goodness me. Dr. Stonehenge you rock!
Seb came with me and had lots of questions. He always has lots of questions *sigh* Here's just a sample of three he asked to give you an idea:
When will I have to wank?
Will I be able to wank in *blank* town's clinic or will I have to go to *blank* town's clinic?
Do I have to give another wanking sample before the actual wank?
You know, lots of questions like that, but nothing about the wife's emotional fragility, statistical data or potential harmful aspects of several healthy doses of Gonal F. To his credit he used to ask these questions but I think we've both become tired and we kind of just want to know where we're supposed to be and when. I guess I'm sort of the same way, only now I'm such an expert that I can quickly calculate which day I'll have the transfer and which day Seb will have to wank. While Dr. 'Henge had trouble giving him a date, I quickly said January 8-12 as a ballpark figure.
As we were chatting with Dr.'Henge Seb discovered that my period would arrive with the Christmas tidings. This really isn't a problem for me or Dr. 'Henge since I won't start treatment until the second or third day after my period starts and I don't really have to worry about being home right away. I have this lovely three day window after my period, enough time for a scan and some drug shopping and a tea. But as we were leaving Seb said, "maybe we should just stay here for Christmas." And I said "No, your parents are expecting us. I don't think we should disappoint them." And he kept saying "no, no I think we need to relax. I think we need some time to focus on us." And then suddenly there was another man I wanted to jump on and bear hug, and I actually did. So we've decided that we'll stay here for the holidays and we stopped on the way home and bought a five euro Christmas tree. Yep, five euros. It's a little lopsided but it was the best of the five euros lot.
Another reason we're staying here is because of the move. I haven't announced this officially so all my lurking friends WHO NEVER POST COMMENTS will now call me screaming, "you put this in your BLOG and I get to read about it there and you don't even call me...," but yes, it's true and yes you read it here first. We're not sure about any of the logistics yet, and Seb of course was asking all those wanking questions because he does need to know how on earth he'll get here and there for samples. Baby S and I will most likely stay here and consider this our home base, especially during the weeks leading up to the transfer when I'll have to be doing all the scans. But, Seb is being put up in style for the first few months in a three bedroom house with a little patio and garden, so we may get more comfortable there and decide to change our basecamp to a place with a warm shower. It might just be too tempting.
My temps seem to be dropping and I'm cramping so things are looking ominous for this cycle. I don't expect to make it to Christmas eve, let alone Friday. I'm just hoping for the weekend so that it doesn't mess with our plan. Because you know now we got us a plan now!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
The new OB sounds lovely. Any doctor who will roll eyes at an RE is a friend of mine.
I'm glad you get to stay home for the holiday. How far is Lyon (that is where you will move, right?) from where you are now?
Well, actually me and Dr. Stonehenge have a past. I've had him for over three years now and he participated in the scans for my IVF two years ago. He's actually an RE too, but without as much clout as Dr. Dieu. A sort of mini RE and in fact studied under the great "Dr. Dieu." He and Dieu are evidently pretty good friends which is why I loved the eye roll!
Lyon is about two hours or so from here. It's a very nice city so we aren't too disappointed about the move, just very sad to leave our house and our town.
Post a Comment